Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Runaway King

The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen is the sequel to The False Prince, which I absolutely loved. This book, while not quite as good as the first, is still a great read. I love Jaron's character, and the character development of everybody in general. Nielsen truly has a gift for writing an engaging story with engaging characters.

With his kingdom being threatened with war from both pirates and a greedy neighboring kingdom, King Jaron makes a hasty and extremely dangerous decision: he decides to join the pirates. Disguising himself, he soon finds himself in the midst of the pirates and face to face with the pirate king who has sworn to take his life. Jaron's wits and endurance will be put the the greatest test yet as he needs to outsmart and outlast all of his enemies. Not only does he need to somehow defeat all of the pirates single-handed, he also has a tight deadline to do so before the war begins.

I wish I could say more about why I love this book, but I am afraid that in so doing I would spoil too much. All I can say is that this definitely my new favorite series and I can hardly wait to begin the third and final book.

No comments:

Post a Comment