Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Warm Tones and Tiny Miracles

This was an excellent book! Warm Tones and Tiny Miracles is the third and final book I own by Don J. Black. Each chapter in this book is a different experience from Brother Black's life that he shares with the reader. Each of these experiences is uplifting and testimony-strengthening. Hence the title.

One of my favorite experiences shared by the author is perhaps The Hippie and the Holy Ghost. In this experience, the author and his wife were having dinner with a a couple who was very involved in the hippie movement. During the course of the meal, the man began to argue vehemently against religion, and Brother Black's beliefs. The mood and feeling in the house got dark and uncomfortable, but Brother Black finally bore his testimony and gave a personal witness of the things he knew. This not only silenced the hippie, but also brought the Holy Ghost into the home, testifying of what Brother Black had said. I liked this story, not only because I think it has a great title, but also because it teaches about the the importance of having a strong testimony and knowing things to be true for ourselves, and not just relying on other people's testimonies.

This book also encouraged me to make sure I am recording the warm tones and tiny miracles that happen in my life so that I can use them to bless others, specifically those in my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment