Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Divine Center


I cannot say enough good things about The Divine Center by Stephen R. Covey. I consider this book to be a classic, and I recommend it for every LDS home. In this book, Covey explains that each individual views the world through a personal lense. We all base our understanding of the world on our perception. This book requires the reader to evaluate his/her perception and how we center our lives and our focus.

Throughout the book, Covey reminds the reader that celestial principles cannot be effectively taught in a telestial manner. Likewise, they cannot be truly implemented with a casual effort. If we spend months and years to learn skills in sports, music and academic learning, then surely we need to apply the same diligence to becoming converted and placing God at the center of our lives.

This book has awakened a deep longing inside me to be better connected to my Heavenly Father. It has reminded me of many of my faults and has brought to my memory many times in my life where a situation could have turned out much better if I had my life properly centered where it should have been. But this book has not filled me with discouragement, but rather with inspiration and eagerness to be better.

Again, I highly recommend that every latter-day saint read this book. So far, this is the best book I’ve read this year. It is definitely the best book I’ve read in the month of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment