Saturday, July 26, 2014

Dating for Under a Dollar

Blair Tolman gave me a copy of his book Dating for Under a Dollar while he was my seminary teacher. I actually got to choose it among a few other books he had written because I memorized all of the Book of Mormon scripture mastery. I have read it all the way through a few times, but I thought I might as well read it again and review it here on my blog.

Since this is written by a seminary teacher, you can imagine that he targets a teen audience. Hence, most of the date ideas are for group dates. Tolman actually divides the categories into large group dates, group dates, group or single dates, and single dates. A lot of the ideas are really fun, and most of the time the only expense needed for the date is gas for the vehicle.

I will only give an example of one date from the book, and this is a particular favorite of mine. It is called fifty wishes. The idea is to use your dollar to get a couple rolls of pennies from the bank. Then take your date to a fountain somewhere and take turns tossing in a penny and making a wish. I am fond of this date idea, because my wife and I did something very similar. Except we didn't use pennies. We exchanged a list of 112 wishes with each other and explained why we had those wishes. It was a neat experience that helped us learn more about the other. Now my wife and I have a goal to fulfill our 112 wishes together.

There are many dating idea books out there, but this is one I would definitely recommend for teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment