Monday, April 8, 2013

Hashbrown Winters and the Whiz-tastrophe

The final book in the series, Hashbrown Winters and the Whiz-tastrophe, takes Hashbrown and his friends into another dimension of hilarity—literally! A freak accident involving Whiz’s special…um…talent plummets the tree house gang into a world where everything is centered around laser tag, and the game never ends. There, in this alternate universe, Hashbrown finds his double, who decides to take Hashbrown’s place and leave him and his friends stuck in this alternate universe forever.

I am sad that this is the end of the series, and especially sad that this last book wasn’t longer. It left me wondering about the alternate universe and its history. I wanted more of the characters. I wanted more of the secret code. I wanted more wacky escapades. If this wasn’t the last book, perhaps I would feel more content, but part of me can’t settle with the idea that this is the end of the Hashbrown adventures.

I strongly recommend the Hashbrown books. The author has done an incredible job of creating a new universe, and the characters who inhabit it are a lot of fun. The books leave you feeling like an honorary member of the tree house club, and after all, what could be cooler than being part of Hashbrown Winter’s inner circle? Give the series a try and befriend some of the greatest unforgettable characters you’ve ever met in youth fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment